समस्त शिक्षकों, पालकों एवं विद्यार्थियों से अनुरोध है कि यदि पोस्ट में कोई अधूरी या भ्रामक जानकारी हो तो हमारे Official Email ID: [email protected] से हमें यथाशीघ्र बताने का कष्ट करेंगे.
Making Best Out of Waste Her Forte Class 7 English Lesson 17
Making Best Out of Waste Her Forte Class 7 English Lesson 17
Bhilai, Sept-23, 03
Rukmani Chaturvedi has got the art to make the best out of waste. Her masterpieces were shown to the Bhilains at a unique expo where she presented artworks made out of wastes like bhutta (maize) and banana- peels.
भिलाई, 23 सितंबर, 03
रुक्मणी चतुर्वेदी को कचरे से सर्वश्रेष्ठ बनाने की कला मिली है। उसकी कृतियों को एक अनोखे एक्सपो में भीलियों को दिखाया गया जहाँ उसने भुट्टा (मक्का) और केले के छिलकों जैसे कचरे से बनी कलाकृतियाँ प्रस्तुत कीं।
The Risali-based artist’s exhibition was inaugurated by the General Manager (Town Administration), R.K.Agrawal at Nehru Art Gallery the otherday.
रिसाली-आधारित कलाकार की प्रदर्शनी का उद्घाटन महाप्रबंधक (टाउन एडमिनिस्ट्रेशन), आर.के.अग्रवाल नेहरू आर्ट गैलरी में दूसरे दिन किया।
Utilizing maize, palm leaves and different parts of a banana tree, like its leaves, flowers etc, Rukmani created impressive paintings and collages. She has created artistic representations of Goddess Durga, Bhilai Steel Plant main gate, nature, historical figures like Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhash Chandra Bose among many others.
मक्का, ताड़ के पत्तों और केले के पेड़ के विभिन्न हिस्सों, जैसे इसके पत्तों, फूलों आदि का उपयोग करते हुए, रुक्मणी ने प्रभावशाली पेंटिंग और कोलाज बनाए। उन्होंने देवी दुर्गा, भिलाई स्टील प्लांट के मुख्य द्वार, प्रकृति, जवाहरलाल नेहरू और सुभाष चंद्र बोस जैसे कई ऐतिहासिक लोगों के कलात्मक चित्र बनाए हैं।
Without using paint, the collages were unique and subtly crafted. Ms. Rukmani has been successful in making her artistic creations come to life.
पेंट का उपयोग किए बिना, कोलाज अद्वितीय और सूक्ष्म रूप से तैयार किए गए थे। सुश्री रुक्मणी अपनी कलात्मक कृतियों को जीवंत बनाने में सफल रही हैं।
Greatly impressed by the artistic skills of Rukmani, Mr. R.K.Agrawal expressed hope that the Expo will serve as an inspiration for budding artists of the steel city. Ms. Rukmani’s collection of 22 paintings was part of the joint exhibition of three women artists organized by Public Relations Department of Bhilai Steel Plant at Nehru Art Gallery. The other two artists, Ms. Kusum Lata Vaidya from Bhilai exhibited paintings made out of natural colours and water colours. Charcoal and pencil was the creative medium for Ms. Rama Dutt Joshi of Raipur.
रुक्मणी के कलात्मक कौशल से बहुत प्रभावित श्री आर.के. अग्रवाल ने उम्मीद जताई कि एक्सपो स्टील सिटी के उभरते कलाकारों के लिए एक प्रेरणा के रूप में काम करेगा। सुश्री रुक्मणी का 22 चित्रों का संग्रह, भिलाई इस्पात संयंत्र के जनसंपर्क विभाग द्वारा नेहरू नगर गैलरी में आयोजित तीन महिला कलाकारों की संयुक्त प्रदर्शनी का हिस्सा था। भिलाई की अन्य दो कलाकारों, सुश्री कुसुम लता वैद्य ने प्राकृतिक रंगों और पानी के रंगों से बने चित्रों का प्रदर्शन किया। चारकोल और पेंसिल रायपुर के सुश्री राम दत्त जोशी के लिए रचनात्मक माध्यम था।
In all her 13 paintings Ms. Vaidya used environment friendly colours of human emotions and nature while Ms. Joshi’s 9 paintings depicted the life of locals. Mr. Agrawal commended their creative efforts and congratulated the organizers for bringing such unknown artists to limelight.
अपने सभी 13 चित्रों में सुश्री वैद्य ने मानवीय भावनाओं और प्रकृति के पर्यावरण के अनुकूल रंगों का उपयोग किया, जबकि सुश्री जोशी की 9 चित्रों में स्थानीय लोगों के जीवन को दर्शाया गया। श्री अग्रवाल ने उनके रचनात्मक प्रयासों की सराहना की और आयोजकों को ऐसे अज्ञात कलाकारों को लाइमलाइट में लाने के लिए बधाई दी।
Present at the inaugural function were Chief Engineer, in charge (TA) Mr.K.K. Sharma, Chief Education Officer, Mr.R.C.Singh, internationally acclaimed Panthi exponent Devdas Banjare, eminent artist Das Gupta, senior officers of the Plant and public. The exhibition ended on September 20.
उद्घाटन समारोह में उपस्थित मुख्य अभियंता, प्रभारी (टीए) श्री के.के. शर्मा, मुख्य शिक्षा अधिकारी, श्री आर.सी.सिंह, अंतरराष्ट्रीय स्तर पर प्रशंसित पंथी प्रतिपादक देवदास बंजारे, प्रख्यात कलाकार दास गुप्ता, प्लांट के वरिष्ठ अधिकारी और सार्वजनिक। प्रदर्शनी का समापन 20 सितंबर को हुआ।
Answer the following questions.
- Who does ‘her’ refer to in the report?
Answer – ‘Her’ in the report refers to Rukmani Chaturvedi. She has got the art to make the best out of waste.
- Where has this report been taken from?
Answer – This report has been taken from the newspaper ‘The Hitvada’.
- Which city was the Expo organized in?
Answer – The Expo was organized in Bhilai city.
- How many participants were there to exhibit the things?
Answer – There were three participants to exhibit the things.
- What major differences do you find between the paintings used by Rukmani, Kusum Lata Vaidya and Rama Dutta Joshi?
Answer – The major difference is the colours they use for their paintings –
- Rukmani did not use paint. Instead she used flowers, leaves and other parts of the plants.
- Kusum Lata Vaidya used natural colours.
- Rama Dutta Joshi used charcoal and pencils.
- When did the exhibition end? When do you think it started?
Answer – The exhibition ended on 20th September 2003. I think it would have started a week before.
- Who inaugurated the exhibition?
Answer – The exhibition was inaugurated by the General Manager (Town Administration) Mr. R. K. Agrawal.
- What could be the main outcome of such an exhibition, according to Mr. Agrawal?
Answer – According to Mr. Agrawal the main outcome of such an exhibition is to bring unknown artists to limelight. He also expressed his hope that it will serve as an inspiration for budding artists of the steel city.
A.Make a list of the things the participants exhibited:
Ms. Kusum Lata Vaidya
Ms. Rama Dutt Joshi
artistic epresentations of Goddess Durga, Bhilai Steel Plant main
gate, nature, historical figures.
Paintings depicting the life of locals, made out of natural colours and watercolours.
Paintings made using Charcoal and
B. Make a list of the materials the artists used for their creation:
Names Materials used
bhutta (maize), banana-peels, flowers, palm-leaves, different parts of the banana trees.
Kusum Lata Vaidya
natural colours and watercolours.
Rama Dutt Joshi
Charcoal and .pencil
1. Make sentences by using the table below.
1. The prime minister inaugurated the seminar on energy conservation.2. Mother Teresa’s name is an inspiration for anyone who wants to do social service.3. The Expo was a unique opportunity for Ms. Rukhmani.4. Most of the people still use charcoal as a fuel.5. Every possible opportunity should be given to the budding artists.6. The Chief guest congratulated the winners of different categories.7. Ms. Joshi’s paintings depicted the life of locals.
2. Match the words with their meanings.
|forte||well known||special skill|
|masterpieces||a big exhibition||the best work of its type|
|exhibition||special skill||a public show of objects|
|collages||cleverly||a picture made by sticking various materials|
|unique||new and young||only one of its type|
|expo||centre of public attention||a big exhibition|
|acclaimed||the best work of its type||well known|
|budding||appreciate||new and young|
|exponent||a public show of objects||a person who sets examples for others|
|limelight||a picture made by sticking various materials||centre of public attention|
|subtly||only one of its type||cleverly|
|commend||a person who sets examples for others||appreciate|
3. Fill in the blanks choosing appropriate words given below.
|flowers, nine, Panthi, Rama, artists, forty-four|
Mr. R.K.Agrawal inaugurated the exhibition. It contained the work of three artists namely Rukmani Chaturvedi, Kusum Lata Vaidya and Rama Dutt Joshi. In all, there were forty-four paintings. Of these only nine belonged to Ms. Joshi. Rukmani Chaturvedi used things like leaves, flowers etc. to make her collages. Internationally acclaimed Panthi exponent Devdas Banjare was present at the inaugural function.
- Use the appropriate form of verbs given in brackets in the sentences given below.
- Shepresentedartworks made out of waste. (present)
- The Chief Ministerinauguratedthe fast food shop “Star One” in Raipur
- God created the world. (create)
- Sania Mirza achieved the honour of entering in the Australian Open. (achieve)
- The programme was organized by the college. (organize)
- Paintings of local artists were exhibited in the auditorium. (exhibit)
- The President congratulated the winners. (congratulate)
- The wind blew the letter out of my hand. (blow)
- He broke his hand while playing cricket. (break)
- After the exhibition Rukmani had the following advantages:
(i) People bought her collages.
(ii) The television programme made her the talk of the town.
(iii) People overwhelmed her by their response.
(iv) Bhilaians appreciated her art.
(v) The management selected her for the state award.
(vi) Many people contacted her for guidance.
Now rewrite the sentences as shown:
(First sentence is given for you).
- Her collages were bought by people.
- She was made the talk of the town by the television programme.
- She was overwhelmed by people’s response.
- Her art was appreciated by the Bhilaians.
- She was selected for the state award by the management.
- She was contacted by many people for guidance.
- Make a list of all the verbs in the past tense occurring in the lesson.
Answer – Following is the list of all the verbs in the past tense occurring in the lesson-
Making Best Out of Waste Her Forte Class 7 English