Jolly kitten Class 6 English Lesson 7
Word Meanings –
Jolly (जॉली) = हँसमुख, विनोदी, प्रसन्नचित
Kitten (किटन) = बिल्ली का बच्चा
Eldest (एल्डेस्ट) = उम्र में सबसे बड़ा
Cross (क्रॉस) = पार करना, एक छोर से दूसरे छोर तक जाना
Sailing (सेलिंग) = जलयात्रा, नौकायन
Puffed up (पफ्ड अप) = फूला हुआ, मोटा
Youngest (यंगेस्ट) = उम्र में सबसे छोटा
Scared (स्केयर्ड) = डरा हुआ
Noise (नॉइज़) = शोर, तेज आवाज
Wash (वाश) = साफ़ करना, धोना
Butter (बटर) = मक्खन
Delicious (डिलीशियस) = बहुत स्वादिष्ट
Food (फूड) = भोजन, खाद्य सामग्री
Answer the following questions:
- How many kittens went to buy the plates?
Answer – Four kittens went to buy the plates.
- The kittens had many ideas about the use of the plates. Make a list of these ideas.
Answer – The kittens have the following ideas about the use of the plates –
(i) The plates are for playing.
(ii) The plates are for keeping off the rain.
(iii) The plates are for sailing.
(iv) The plates are for driving the birds away.
- What were the plates for? Why did mother ask them to buy the plates?
Answer – The plates were for keeping food.
- What scared the kittens at the gate?
Answer – A puffed-up bird scared the kittens at the gate.
- What scared the puffed-up bird?
Answer – Funny with his plate scared the puffed-up bird.
- Choose the right answer. The kittens were
(i) friends (ii) brothers & sisters (iii) servants working in a house
Answer – (ii) brothers & sisters
1. Complete the puzzle with words related to food.
2. Frame new words by re-arranging the letters:
(Clues are given in brackets)
|a||now – (Opposite of ‘lost’)||won|
|b||ward – (Make a picture)||draw|
|c||dear – (What do you do with a book?)||read|
|d||bleat – (a piece of furniture)||table|
3. Arrange these words in alphabetic order:
scared, bang, sudden, cross, curry, tasty, delicious, hungry, smell
1. bang 2. cross 3. curry 4. delicious 5. hungry 6. scared 7. smell 8. sudden 9. tasty
A. Complete the table:
B. What do you find similar in the II and III forms of these verbs?
Answer – They all follow the same pattens.